All the praises and thanks be to Allah Almighty, the Giver of bountiful blessings and gifts.
Hiroshima Islamic Cultural Center (HICC) is the first Islamic cultural center and Masjid to be founded in Hiroshima prefecture in May 2012. It shall be an aromatic seed planted here. With the necessary care, Muslims will reap its fine fruits soon, Insha'Allah.
- Gather Muslims in Hiroshima under one umbrella to strengthen the community relations.
- To be a bridge between Japanese society and Muslims to increase the mutual understanding, and share friendship, cultures, traditions.
- Hold different activities and programs to let Muslim families live Islam in Japan.
- Saijo Muslim Association (SMA) was founded more than 15 years ago by the Muslims studying in Hiroshima University. That is to unite the Muslims coming from different nationalities and practice their religion.
- A few years later it was changed to Hiroshima Muslim Association (HMA) to extend their scope of work to cover the whole Hiroshima Prefecture.
- HICC is an organization registered by the HMA to the Japanese government in the mid of 2008 that has a goal to establish a place for Muslims in Hiroshima Prefecture in order to do their religious activities and as a center for sharing knowledge, cultures and friendship with Japanese society.
- On the November 16th 2011, Hiroshima Court has formally changed the ownership of center's land and building to Hiroshima Islamic Cultural Center (HICC).
After thanking the almighty Allah, we would like to sincerely thank to all Muslims, especially in Hiroshima and Japan, who supported this project so that we were able to found this Islamic cultural center. May Allah rewards all of them the best.
We also would like to thank to the Japanese government and its society who are very much welcome and open for other people from different cultures, traditions and religions to establish such a center among their society and we believe that this can be a beautiful way to keep the world in a peaceful, understanding and friendly atmosphere.