What is HICC?
Hiroshima Islamic Cultural Center (HICC) is the first Islamic cultural center and Masjid to be founded in Hiroshima prefecture, Japan, in May 2012. The main objectives of HICC are
- Gather Muslims in Hiroshima under one umbrella to strengthen the community relations.
- To be a bridge between Japanese society and Muslims to increase mutual understanding, and share friendship, cultures, traditions.
- Hold different activities and programs to let Muslim families live Islam in Japan.
What is Imam Position at HICC?
The Imam at HICC is expected to
- Lead prayers and give Jumuah and Eid khutba.
- Deliver some classes on weekends.
- Perform ceremonies (ex: marriage, Janazah) when required.
- Work together with HICC committee to run events.
- Must be able to present a recognized qualification in Islamic studies from an appropriate institute.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Must be able to engage with a Muslim community with different backgrounds.
- Willing to teach Islam based on the Quran and Authentic Sunnah and present it in the context.
- Memorizing the Holy Quran with Ijazah.
- Basic Understating of Japanese Language.
Position: - 3 Months (extendable to 1 year) – Preferred to start by 1st May 2019. - Visa Support Available
Closing Date: 15th February 2019.
Selection: The selection procedure will follow the following steps.
- Applications are reviewed to select a few candidates.
- Video interview with candidates passed from step 1 to select the successful candidate.
- The successful candidate is expected to be contacted by mid of March 2019.